Gen 0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safety First: Malon

2 posters

Go down

Safety First: Malon Empty Safety First: Malon

Post by Aries Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:07 am

It had been quite some time since Redwood had allowed anyone into Pallet Town.

Well technically she wasn't coming to stay, but still she was the first person who had gotten in in a long time that wasn't already there in the first place. The Poachers could be thanked for that, they were constantly being kept out of this safe haven for Pokemon, and anybody of reasonable intent was smart enough to stay away from this battle zone. Which is why he was surprised that when he was approached with somebody who wanted to come here out of good intentions.

So much so that he decided that he would meet this person personally... That and the fact that this person was a supposed Pokemon doctor. A doctor for Pokemon? This greatly intrigued Red, a person who could help heal Pokemon would be a valuable asset... Rather than just sitting and waiting for his Pokemon to heal up from a harsh battle on their own.

So Red was going to see just how serious this Pokemon doctor really was.
Aries
Aries

Back to top Go down

Safety First: Malon Empty Re: Safety First: Malon

Post by Limeshells Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:12 pm

"Fuckin' A."

If Pidgeot sympathized with her trainer's dissatisfaction of their flight to Pallet town she had a funny way of showing it, preening her feathers and churping whimsically. Really the human should have been use to flying by now. It certainly wasn't the first time they traveled by air. And, really, she ought to be grateful. Not every Pokemon would trust a human enough to do something so undignified.

Nevermind that the human was afraid of heights.

"Yeah yeah. I know what you're gonna say," Or chirp. Whatever, "Thanks. Why don't you hang outside while I check this guy out."

Malon snorted bemusedly as her companion chirped and flew off to a nearby tree for rest. It always amused her when her Pidgeot made fun of her--if anything it proved the sentience of Pokemon. Not that they need be sentient to be treated kindly... but it certainly disrupted the simple notion that Pokemon were nothing but fuel for profit. Malon smiled and lazily plucked at her messy head of hair before giving up and slapping it back into a tired bun.

She liked to remind herself of the small things on long days like this. It kept her going. And today was very much a long, long day. Riding by air always exhausted her, and her Blissey certainly didn't seem any more pleased. But this was an important trip.

Malon had caught wind of Redwood as she became more emmersed in her work. But she was a busy woman--a very busy woman--and there were plenty of other activists she wanted to connect to. But eventually she brought herself to bridging the gap between them and, low and behold, she'd found her way to Pallet town.

Uugh. And the flight back was going to be just as long. She was already dreading it. Did that make her a bad person? Shouldn't she be thinking about the progress she's making, reaching out to the community?

Fuck it. She was allowed to complain. She got her Ph.D, that warrants a magnitude of gripe. Fuck everything. Malon brushed the wrinkles out of her knee length pink dress and black blazer (woefully, she abandoned her pumps in favor of bird Pokemon transportation flats). Her clothes stretched out further around the middle than she preferred but she'd long since stopped thinking about it too closely. This kind of work... health is one of the first things to go. And it's not like this is anything but business. With a tired Blissey following behind her dotefully the physician strolled down the simple road to the house that was described. She knocked on the door hard and fast with the back of her hand and clutched her purse tighter to herself.

God damn she hoped this wouldn't take all day. She was too old to pull all nighters.
Limeshells
Limeshells

Back to top Go down

Post by Aries Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:12 am

Red's perpetual scowl tugs upward lightly at the knock on the door, that must be them. He crosses over towards the door, opening it and giving a small 'Oh' at what he saw. A lady hmm? He hadn't expected that.. To be honest he expected another stuffy and slightly obsessed old man, though perhaps he was just letting Samuel cloud his vision on what people who orient their life to Pokemon are. Not to mention of all people Samuel Oak probably wasn't the person you'd hope most people turn out to be. A great mind in Pokemon yes, but as a father?

He shakes his head, no time for lamenting on the past.. He had to greet this woman, he gives a small bow and turns slightly to allow her access into the house.

"Please come in Miss Pokemon Doctor and I apologize for the mess, I didn't have time to clean in such short notice."

There were various maps of Kanto with Xs and Os scribbled on it in various routes and towns across the land in combination with various radio receivers and blueprints. The dimly lit room only added to the militaristic mystique.

"Please have a seat anywhere.... Oh yes, where are my manners." He turns and gives another short bow, "I'm Redwood Sentoki. I am the founder of this lovely town. I hope your trip was a safe one."
Aries
Aries

Back to top Go down

Post by Limeshells Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:49 pm

"Oh?"

Malon isn't sure what to make of that; what, is she not what he expected? Well he's just going to have to deal with it. Malon's only mildly miffed, however, and it doesn't even last the longer she stands in the man's presence. Because, clearly, he's respectful. And if the maps and paper clippings are any indication he takes what he's doing pretty seriously. That, she can appreciate. And his remark just makes her laugh, loudly and unabashed.

"Just call me Malon."

She returns the bow with a dip of her own before grabbing the nearest, coziest chair and scooting it a little closer to a nearby table. Once there she curls up on it, legs tucked underneath herself. Blissey lingers nearby, studying the house with curiosity. Her trainer reaches out to gently pet her side, sharing an affectionate, wordless glance between them, before removing her backpack and pulling out an extensively fat pile of manilla folders. Each organized meticulously, divided in alphabetical order and divided with clips. Topics ranging from the medicinal qualities of the Blissey evolutionary chain to the intersectionality of veternarian practices and Pokemon medicine. The paperwork is a pretty big contrast to the rest of her bag's contents, a mess of crumbled papers and broken pens. Clearly, her organizational skills are exhausted at her work.

"That's some of what I've been doing in the last... few years. It just started working with Chanseys, you know? They're hunted a lot. And naturally they're so trusting, so I think they're receptable to manipulation--Can I smoke in here?" Malon brushes her whispy bangs out of her face with a tired sigh, waving her cigarette pack for emphasis, "I fucking hate flying--but, yeah. I've been training Chanseys I've rescued from the poachers to heal Pokemon. I'm trying to design a..."

She rubs her fingers together nervously, like a jitterly squirrel, as she tries to find the word she's looking for. Groaning in frustration when it isn't found immediately, then snapping her fingers.

"Like a medical center. In every city. What I'm trying to do... is establish a safe haven for Pokemon in every city. A place people can take them and heal them quickly and efficiently. Hospitals don't take in Pokemon and most veternarians won't either--not to mention they aren't qualified. But I think there needs to be...

... I never explained why I wanted to meet with you, did I? Well that's it. I want to see if we can station a Chansey here to help heal injured Pokemon. And since this is your town, and you're so... involved... I thought it would be best to leave her with you."

The physician licks her dry, nicotine craving lips. Blissey seems to frown and fidget as the discussion continues. She doesn't like the idea of one of her sisters being left here alone...

"Of course I would train you if you're interested. And we'd visit regularly, to make sure she's okay. I only station ones that are ready and happy to go. I work, I work with them a lot. They've all been poacher targers so some come to me with bad injuries or trauma. They aren't stationed until they're ready.

What do you think, Redwood?"
Limeshells
Limeshells

Back to top Go down

Post by Aries Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:25 pm

"Malon? It's a nice name."

Red's eyes fall onto the accompanying Blissey, judging by her calm and poise despite being in a strange human's home he could tell that she was one that Malon had taken care of best, perhaps she was even a personal friend like his were. Whatever the case, the show of comfort had swayed Red to her side even more. Speaking of friends, he had to wonder where his Pokemon had gone off to. Oh well, they'd turn up and when they did he'd definitely hear it.

One of the perks of having such rambunctious assholes, it's impossible to lose them.

"Yes I know, poachers start with the 'weak' ones as means to get their own Pokemon stronger so they can take down harsher Pokemon.. I've seen them in action, it's particularly easy with such trusting creatures like Chanseys. Perhaps they are even too big hearted to live among people like us." Red mindfully walks over to the Blissey, kneeling down and flashes a tiny, almost unseen smile for her and pats her side affectionate. Turning back to Malon he gave a frown and nodded, "Yes, just be mindful to put it out if my Heracross comes around please. He's not particularly fond of flames or smoke."

Red's curiosity peaks when she starts on about Chansey's healing abilities, Oak had been talking about shit like that for a while, but his type of researching was definitely too rough and coarse for a gentle and sensitive Pokemon like Chansey.

"A Pokemon center?" Red echoed, mulling about the idea in his brain. On paper it sounded like a great idea, a center to heal and facilitate Pokemon who couldn't help themselves, but things were tight.. How could they heal Pokemon of people who had no money? Things were struggling with Pokephobia reaching a critical height. Not to mention Poachers would descend upon an obvious place like that in droves. He places a hand on his chin, furrowing his brow in thought. Out of all Anti-poaching movements his had the most pull, at least that was what he was told. There were a lot of towns and it would leave Pallet Town more susceptible... But... With an ability to renew Pokemon as good as new they wouldn't need to rely on multiple people...

"With me? I'm not exactly the softest man."

As if on cue his door bursts open again, and in comes a Hitmonchan. It was dripping with sweat and looked quite pleased with itself, flexing and bragging to Red, if the trainers assumption was correct. It eventually stops speaking when it realizes they are not alone, looking between the Blissey and Malon a few confused moments before a confused gaze lands on Redwood.

"They're here on a friendly visit. Try to have some grace okay? Were you out training this whole time?" The Hitmonchan just grunts and flexes, smirking at the Blissey in the corner which just cause Redwood to chortle.

Redwood turns back to Malon, despite the distraction his deliberation was complete.

"I shall take you up on your offer miss Malon, though if could suggest that you perhaps train a handful of people in my village.. I feel like their skills in healing would be a lot more sufficient than my own."
Aries
Aries

Back to top Go down

Post by Limeshells Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:06 am

"Will do. Wouldn't wanna scare him. Trust me, I've dealt with enough burns to appreciate his opnion."

If only she could apply it to her own practice. Chain smoking is doing nothing positive for her health. But she has other people's health to worry about first. And so Malon lights up her cigarette and takes a long drag (intentionally blowing the smoke away from Blissey and the man petting her).

"I mean yeah a Pokemon Center. We're talking BIG picture. I'm not talking, like, oh let's build them all right the fuck now you know? Paint them pink with big flashing signs outside. I'm saying that's my long term goal... we need to develop a foundation and calm everything down first."

Pokemon Centers, the way she conceptualizes them, just couldn't be a thing in their current political climate... Plucking her Arceus necklace from under her blouse she rubs her thumb along the metal pendant. She feels guilty for feeling like she needs to defend herself. But maybe that's what she gets for speaking in hopes and dreams. And he doesn't exactly look like the kind of guy who'll take that kind of thought seriously.

And he seems to suggest that, or at least he does to her. No. Not soft at all. She curls up tighter in the chair and takes another drag. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

It's then that Redwood's Pokemon walks in, a Hitmonchan, and makes himself at home with her Blissey. The latter Pokemon responds positively, if not with embarrasment, hiding her reddening face behind her adorable little hands and glancing away. Malon can't help but laugh and give her companion another affectionate pet.

"Hey you should take it up while you're still young babe. Soon you'll be old and gray like me--"

Blissey just sputters and flaps her hands childishly at Malon in response, which makes the physician laugh more (in good humor). She can't resist teasing such a cutie. It should be illegal.

"He's a pretty handsome Hitmonchan. Looks really healthy.... Yeah? That's great!" Her voice lifts up in enthusiasm at his agreement, suddenly feeling more energized than she has all day. It's been hard to find people who want to do this work and do it well. To make a connection with someone... well it gives her hope. She hopes her enthusiasm won't be mistaken for unprofessionalism though. It's a shame she's come to think that way. "I can do that immediately. Just introduce me to them."

The physician stands up and offers her hand to the stern man.

"It's... this is going to be good for a lot of lives here."

Limeshells
Limeshells

Back to top Go down

Post by Aries Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:54 am

"Heh, he won't be too scared, he just might not appreciate you to the fullest. He's calm in nature, but he gets right pissy when he wants to be."

Red gives a small smirk and quirks a brow, before responding to her, "Old and grey? Perhaps you might have jumped the gun, you're still quite the lovely lady."

He paused to look between the Blissey and the Hitmonchan and chuckle lowly, perhaps he was shooting a bit out of his league, out of all his Pokemon he imagined Hitmonchan was second most unlikely to be compatible with Blissey, Primeape being the only one angry and irrational enough to top him, but the doesn't stop Hitmonchan from walking right up to her and chatting her up.. Whatever he was saying he assumed it to be quite Don Juanesque.

Red can't help but chuckle at the exuberance in her voice, and it's apparent in his eyes though still as stern and rocky as always that she had won him over with the faintest hint of softness in them.

"It will help a lot of people, both Pokemon and man alike. I want to help you to extend these centers towards other cities, I have some pull I can help sway peoples opinions in your favor.. If you would like my help."

Aries
Aries

Back to top Go down

Post by Limeshells Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:08 pm

"Pfft. Please."

The snort that escapes from Malon's lips, though unabashed, is a result of bemusement moreso than anything else. And it's followed by a shake of the head and a tired smile. She hasn't thought of herself as a 'lovely lady' in quite some time. But she supposes the Hitmonchan that's currently smouldering his way towards Blissey has to get it from somewhere. Who seems to be reciprocating the attention with a shy smile. And so Malon doesn't bother stepping in.

"I feel old and gray. But that kind of comes with the work, doesn't it?"

It reminds her of the people she use to work with--back when people were her priority. How she sneered her nose at everyone she knew in medicine only there for the money. Turns out life is just as complicated, if not more, when you're living for your passion instead. But it's small moments like this that make it worthwhile.

"That's the plan. Right now I've got somebody in Celadon I've been speaking too... nothing too concrete yet." But she's not unconvinced that she can't convince Rosie to do more work with a little more persuasion. She's a young girl. She can handle it. "Pull as much sway as you can Redwood. We have to think with the future in mind like something tangible. Can't think about things in ideals. Not when people are getting bombed."

Her smile becomes more genuine, more serious and yet still just as enthusiastic, and she reaffirms the extended hand.

"So let's shake on it. And you should tell me how you got involved in all of this to begin with. Since we're going to be working together."
Limeshells
Limeshells

Back to top Go down

Post by Aries Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:46 pm

"I suppose you have a point, the last thing this job leaves is time to feel too gussied up or glamorous."

Red places a glance at himself, before rubbing his eyes slightly. He had been up for quite some time, not because of her arrival.. No this town kept him busy in general, since he was one of the seldom few in town that could escape a battle unscathed he would spend most of his time standing guard and making sure that the town was not invaded by nightfall.

It was taxing, but somebody had to do it. That was why Redwood was pinning his everything on this, he couldn't handle this for ever and that'd leave them more vulnerable than ever. Without him the Poacher would literally send in an army.

He hoped Malon wasn't selling him a lemon.

"It'll be crucial to get it started here right away. I can't sell something that has no grounds yet, especially in Vermillion City, you'd be surprised at how much of a hardass Surge is. If we can make this work though and we can get him on our side then everyone will fall into place, there's really no arguing with Surge."

Red chances a small, tired chuckle and takes the extended hand just as his Hitmonchan wraps an arm around the Blissey a sign that his sweet talking was intensifying.

Red shakes her hand slowly, before giving her an eyebrow raise as return to her question, "Asking for my life story? We've just met Malon."
Aries
Aries

Back to top Go down

Post by Limeshells Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:29 pm

"Well I think it's important to know who I'm working with."

Malon takes her seat again with a bit more comfortability than before. This place is making her feel more at ease, and so is Red, there's something comforting about his professionalism. It's like finally she's met somebody who seems to have at least a slight idea on how to go about all of this. She tucks her legs underneath her again and leans heavily against the back of the chair.

"There's so much disorganization with all of this, you know? The poacher fighting. All these different groups and goals... and I just, I just need order. I need plans. This... this feels good..."

Blissey, meanwhile, squirms gently out of the Hitmonchan's reach, clutching her face and blubbering a slew of shy, embarrassed ramblings. She's not use to such charming. Malon snorts as she observes and fingers the Arceus pendant around her neck.

"Surge definitely won't take interest if it's not organized. Trust me I've heard a lot about him."

That man could turn a coal between his asscheeks into a diamond. Malon doesn't say that, of course, but she thinks it loud enough to have herself a slight chuckle. Truth of the matter is she can't say she finds the man pleasant. And she's never actually met him, she's only heard word of mouth from other major activists in the region. Ooh, boy, can Erika bitch for days about that guy.

"I've met a few people close to him or, well, in his circle," Malon gives a small shrug and a slight sigh, recognizing how oddly placed she is in all of this. Healing Pokemon in theory sounds fucking wonderful... but it's a whole different story applying it to practice. And typically you'd expect more money to be involved.

Not a whole lot of money involved in this. And by not a whole lot she means zero.

To think she could have been making a six-figure salary nowadays.

"I've talked about it to some people in Celadon. That's where I'm stationed and I've got a pretty good relationship with the people there. But... they're busy. Do you know Erika? She's way more concerned with the environmental concerns."

That's said with a tone of aggravation, though it goes beyond Malon's acknowledgement. Pokemon won't be able to appreciate the trees and flowers if they're, you know, fucking dead. She doesn't have a chance to follow up with another comment, however, before there's a knock at Red's door. It's loud and clearly rushed, and a desperate voice soon follows.

"Red!! It's Joey! There's--there's a wild Nidoking coming down to Pallet town! It's already charged at residences. I tried fighting it off with my Rattacate but it was no good--and you KNOW he's in the top tier! You need to get out there man!"
Limeshells
Limeshells

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum